Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Hajj Watch, an Islamic association has called on the Ghana Hajj Board to re-organise the current structure and designations of the Pilgrims Affairs Office of Ghana before the 2018 Hajj season.
It has also called on the board to weed out people who were trying to sabotage the activities of the board to create a conducive environment for prospective pilgrims in the coming days.
This was contained in a statement signed by Alhaji Musah Abubakar, President of the Association, Alhaji Tamimu Gado, Organiser and Alhaji Sadat Anwar, Secretary and copied to the Ghana News Agency in Accra on Tuesday.
The statement said most of the problems the Board faced last year were mainly due to lack of effective coordination and respect for authority and urged them not to repeat the mistakes of the past.
Alhaji Abubakar said negative press that heralded last year’s pilgrimage was unacceptable, to the extent that it was carried out to discredit Sheik I.C. Quaye, chairman of the Board should not be repeated for the sake of peace and unity.
The statement called on the Head of Communication and Secretary of the Board to resign as they had lost their trust and faith reposed in them by the Presidency.
“In conclusion, we congratulate the Board for a peaceful and successful Hajj last year, hoping that, this year will see significant improvement in line with the wishes of President Nana Akufo-Addo and Vice President Dr Alhaji Mahamudu Bawumia.”
Hajj, Umrah fraud continues